Monday, December 31, 2012

food

Start meatless mondays

I'll be honest, I don't have enough willpower to become a vegetarian. I think we all want to cut down on our meat consumption though- it's annoying to cook and ridiculously expensive. I loved the meatless mondays initiative that my college's dining hall has in place, and I'm going to incorporate that into my kitchen. The difficult part will be getting my man on board! ;)

Have at least one fruit or vegetable with each meal
I like to be healthy! But sometimes you order pizza and all of a sudden you've eaten 2/3rds of it with no recollection of what actually happened. Fruit and vegetables are too accessible for me to not be eating at least one serving with every meal. Starting the year off with a healthy habit like this will definitely help me refine my diet even further.

Go to the farmer's market more often 
I love the farmer's market in the town where I live. It's two days a week, a 15 minute bike ride from my apartment, and never fails to have some delicious, home-grown veggies! And now that my saturdays aren't perpetually booked by football games, I really would like to start going every weekend. My ultimate, unrealistic goal is to entirely stop buying vegetables and fruits at grocery stores, but I'm going to start smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment