Start couponing to pay less than $50/week for groceries
So I didn't do awful last semester with my money, but my textbooks for this semester are somewhere in the range of ridiculously expensive, so I'm going to be a bit worse off than I was. Also, I'm not going to be able to work as much so that will be detrimental. I think that if I not only plan out my meals but start couponing and taking advantage of sales every week, I should have a fighting chance of staying under my goal of 200$/month for groceries.
Pay off my credit card
I'm not sure how I'm going to achieve this. There are a few possibilities- 1, take out some more loans from the school and pay it off; 2, just set aside a monthly portion of my budget and use all of the money I get from work to pay it off, or; 3, just keep paying whatever the heck I feel and have that bite me in the butt later.
Use cash to organize my budget
My mom started doing this a couple of years ago. She'd take out her cash for the month at the beginning of the month and sort it into envelopes based on what it was for, then work her way through that cash for the month. I think that if I start doing that it will help me actually see the money leaving my hand. I'm really good at avoiding discretionary spending like clothes and whatnot, but getting takeout or Arby's really gets to me sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment