Call my mom once every two weeks
This seems a little ridiculous. I know a lot of people probably talk to their mom practically daily. Unfortunately, when I got really busy last year, we fell out of the conversation habit entirely and now only text a few times a week. My mom has done way too much for me for me to only be talking to her every so often, and I owe her better updates and details of my life. Plus, I like to talk to her.
Text my dad once a week
This might be a tough one. We don't talk very often at all, just because we're not close at all. I had a rough childhood with him and now that my parents are split, I never spend time at his house or anything. I don't want him to think I don't love him though, so I should start to at least check up on him every so often.
Have one conversation with each of my siblings every week
I love my little brother and sister. We get along fantastically. They took me going away to college really hard, though. I normally get up with Kimmy on a regular basis, but Christian is tougher. He's been rebellious lately and while I like to talk to him, I can't help but mention how he needs to get his act together, which then ticks him off and we're back at square zero. Hopefully by keeping up with them I can make sure they keep things straight.
No comments:
Post a Comment